The project at a glance:
- Online newsstand with optimised customer journey for the subscription process of Blick, SonntagsBlick and Blick am Abend
- Connection of the payment provider Datatrans to the app including interface to the ERP system SAP
- Development of an individual admin front end for easier campaign and customer management
- Backend: Java-Spring
- Frontend: Angular
- Cloud: AWS
- Apps: iOS & Android
- Integration: Payment system (Data Trans) and subscription management system (SAP)
The project in detail
The digital editions of all BLICK titles (Blick, Blick am Abend and Blick am Sonntag) were to be redesigned. In addition to the relaunch of apps and web readers, the special challenge was the complete automation of the workflow.
At the same time, the digital payment process was to be redeveloped and significantly simplified.
Apps and web readers for the BLICK titles were implemented on the basis of SPRYLAB’s Purple DS platform. A storefront specially developed for Ringier gives apps and web readers the typical BLICK appearance. The use of the Purple DS PDF workflow guarantees a smooth, fully automated publishing of new editions.
In addition, a flexible online newsstand was developed, which makes it possible to purchase both digital and print subscriptions.
The customer journey of the payment process has been completely redesigned and significantly simplified.
Based on the fully automated Purple DS PDF workflow, PDF output is enhanced with a responsive read mode. This also enables an optimal reading experience on smartphones.
The online newsstand was implemented on the basis of the existing ERP system SAP. By using defined interfaces and modern technologies, a modular storefront user interface was created which can be easily and flexibly adapted with minimal dependencies to the SAP system.
- New iOS and Android apps for Phone & Tablet and new web reader for all BLICK titles based on Purple DS
- Custom BLICK Storefront for App & Web
- Fully automated generation of the mobile-optimised reading mode for unique reading pleasure (Blick ePaper and SonntagsBlick)
- Development of new online newsstand using Angular, Java Spring and AWS Cloud Services
- Link between payment system (Data Trans) and subscription management system (SAP) using Purple DS Entitlement Server
- User migration
SPRYLAB support scope:
- Overall project management
- IT consultancy
- Technical implementation (development)